The Acashic Database
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008)

4 posters

Go down

Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008) Empty Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008)

Post  AlphadiosThe2nd Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 pm

BALLOM, MASTER OF DEATH

Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008) Ballom_master_of_death

NAME: Ballom, Master of Death
MANA: 8
POWER: 12000
RULE TEXT: -Evolution – Put on one of your Demon Commands.
-When you put this creature into the battle zone, destroy all creatures except darkness creatures.
-Double breaker (This creature breaks 2 shields.)
FLAVOR TEXT: “You see a world. I see a graveyard-to-be.”
SET: DM-04 Shadowclash of Blinding Night
RARITY: Super Rare
CIVILIZATION: Darkness
RACE: Demon Command
TYPE: Evolution Creature
REG. NO.: S3/S10

Overall Rating: 7.5 / 10

This has been the card in the eyes of many who use darkness, but is it really that good? Let’s take a look.

RACE/CIVILIZATION- Darkness and light are receiving lots of support in this set. Especially with those Aquakamui and Alcadeias and Supporting Tulip, Re Bil and Shadow Moon (I’ve 4 Shadow Moons but I’m not playing Darkness!!!), you can see the popularity rising. But BEWARE – this card is deadly in non-pure-darkness decks. Just like the Nazis in Germany many many years ago who killed whoever wasn’t what Hitler thought was “truly German”. And when I say deadly I mean deadly to yourself. That’s why I never bother about Ballom even though I WILL use it if I started using Pure Darkness decks.

POWER- Hey, 12000! This is the highest from the first four sets and it can kill anything except the other 12k-18k freaks. (By the way, whenever I talk about power, maximum is 18k because I included Japanese and promo cards.) What’s more 8 mana for 12k power is more worth than few Triple Breakers, like Syrius (which I have) and King Tsunami (which is actually my favourite card) and then you still get another effect that is measly but cool. What’s that?

EFFECTS- Double breaker is good although it really deserves Triple. (But if it had triple breaker it would surely be half banned.) As for its other effect, this is what Darkness players are CRAZY about. This is mass destruction except for Darkness. However this is only a one-turn and once-occurring effect so better have 2 or 3 as backup. Or else you could have a Darkness deck with Water spells. Spiral Gate back your Ballom and then summon it again!

Good: 12000 and effect that kills all non-dark!!! A pure darkness must-have!!! What’s more NO summoning sickness!
Bad: Can easily be gotten rid off and effect only happens once.
Ugly: One of my friends went to trade Hanusa, Urth, Mazelan, Oquanos, Dakma Balgarow, Core Crash, Galklife, Supporting Tulip, Giriel etc for a Ballom! And then he got 2 Cruel Nagas and traded one away for another Ballom!!! See the obsession?
Artwork: 7.5/10 -looks like a bat with gigantic wings and a claw!
Limited: 5/10
It can kill you if you don’t use it right…
Constructed: 10/10
You can set a deck around it especially Pure Darkness. If you need the effect repeat, you can use Pure Darkness with Water Spells too!
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Last edited by AlphadiosThe2nd on Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
AlphadiosThe2nd
AlphadiosThe2nd
xP
xP

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-06-10

http://theacashicdatabase.forumexpress.org/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008) Empty Re: Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008)

Post  Ahmed_Tariq Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Good work. Ballom gets 8 and so does the article. Smile

Ahmed_Tariq
Teh Ownage
Teh Ownage

Number of posts : 271

http://theacashicdatabase.phpbbclub.com/

Back to top Go down

Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008) Empty Re: Ballom, Master of Death (13/06/2008)

Post  nickngyuheng Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:54 pm

This article is better. Very Happy I give it a 8/10.

nickngyuheng
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_boy Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:54 pm

I added the image in the article. Isn't it looks better now?
Nice work. 9/10 for everything.
dark_boy
dark_boy
Card of the Week Editor
Card of the Week Editor

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AlphadiosThe2nd Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:52 pm

oh thanks a lot! I will learn to place images in future. Very Happy
AlphadiosThe2nd
AlphadiosThe2nd
xP
xP

Number of posts : 571

http://theacashicdatabase.forumexpress.org/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down